Gluten-Free Chicken Noodle Soup
I made this soup using some rich, homemade chicken stock, and yes, it all was gluten-free and incredibly easy. Chicken soup definitely soothes the soul.
See all soup recipes.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped finely
- 4 carrots, scrubbed clean and unpeeled, chopped finely
- 4 stalks celery, chopped finely
- 1/4 Teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 6 Cups rich, gluten-free chicken stock with chicken meat mixed in
- 4 -5 ounces gluten-free rice noodles
Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven over low heat. Add the onion, stir, and cook until softened, about 5-10 minutes depending on how low your heat is. Add the carrots and celery, stir, and cook for 5 more minutes.
Add the crushed red pepper and season with salt, to taste. Add the chicken stock, bring to a low boil, and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for about 30 minutes; the longer the better, to really marry the flavors.
Bring another pot of water to a boil over high heat. About 15 minutes before serving, put the noodles into a large mixing bowl and cover with the boiling water. Break up gently with a fork. Let sit until soft but not mushy, about 8 minutes, and drain. Remove the soup from the heat. Put about ¼ cup of noodles into a serving bowl and ladle the chicken broth over the top.