Get Away to the Barbados Food & Wine Festival
Tickets for the fifth-annual Barbados Food & Wine and Rum Festival happening in Barbados from November 20 through November 23 are on sale now . The festival aims to not only show travelers how to master the art of cooking and wine pairings, but also how to enjoy fine food, wine, and rum all the more.
Marcus Samuelsson, Anne Burrell, Tyler Florence, Stephanie Izard, Ed Baines, and Roger Mooking are among some of the many chefs that will be in attendance at Barbados Food & Wine and Rum Festival.
Teaming up with island chefs Ashley Davis, Jamar Drakes, Marco Festini Cromer, Cecil Gill, Creig Greenidge, Guise Mama and Omar Robertson, the team of world renowned chefs will partake in a wide variety of chef demonstrations, tasting events, and seminars highlighting all things food, wine, and rum. Chefs will showcase their skills using special cooking techniques in intimate gatherings at some of Barbados’ leading hotels and restaurants.
Some of the highlights of the 2014 Barbados Food & Wine and Rum Festival include:
- Guests will be able to mingle with the international chefs and experience local flavor at A Night Out in Oistins. Chefs will be serving up a variety of seafood including the island’s native Flying Fish on November 20. Watch a live cooking demonstration by Marcus Samuelsson, a mixology competition and a “Grill Masters” cook-off, all while listening to calypso music.
- Learn innovative culinary techniques during cooking demonstrations. Guests will have the opportunity to relish the complexities of Barbados’ legendary rum and gain expert knowledge on a range of hand-selected wines.
- Explore the Rum Trails at Mount Gay, Four Square, and St. Nicholas Abbey to learn about each distillery and unique tasting notes.
- Sail the Caribbean aboard the Spirit of Barbados Luxury Catamaran during the festival’s Indulgence the Cruise on November 24. Guests will swim with the turtles and snorkel the wrecks of Carlisle Bay, then return to a savory meal and premium bar.
- Visit authentic neighborhood eating establishments across the country with the festival’s newest dining experience Food Trails, showcasing the island’s traditional and local food and beverage offerings.
For more infornation or to buy tickets visit the Barbados Food & Wine and Rum festival website.