Deviled eggs go great with sports. You can make them in advance, there’s minimal fuss, and you can flavor them with whatever it is you like.
For this recipe I added a bit of spice to the classic for all the heat-seekers like me out there.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, halved length-wise and yolks removed
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup chives, finely chopped
In a medium-sized bowl, combine the egg yolks, mayonnaise, and mustard. Blend well with a rubber spatula until the mixture is smooth. Mix in the mustard powder, cayenne, and jalapeño. Season with salt and pepper.
Lay the egg white halves on a large serving plate. Using a small spoon evenly divide the yolk mixture among the egg whites. Sprinkle each egg with a pinch of chives and serve.