Despite originating in Spain, a far cry from the coconut- and pineapple-fueled islands of the tropics, sangrias, at least the frozen kind, are still sought after when relaxing before hitting the waves. This Frozen Sangria recipe, courtesy of best-selling cookbook author David Venable, highlights plenty of mango, peach, white wine and brandy, resulting in a tantalizing slushy made just for adults.
- 6 Ounces frozen mango chunks
- 3 Ounces frozen peach slices
- 3 Ounces frozen pineapple chunks
- 4 Ounces frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 lime, peeled
- 1 orange, peeled and halved
- 1 3/4 Cup white wine
- 1/2 Cup brandy
- 1/4 Cup sugar
Place the ingredients into a blender and blend for 45-60 seconds or until the drink is completely smooth. Serve immediately.