Fourth of July Treats
The Fourth of July is here and it's time to start thinking about what you’re going to cook. While most gorge on endless numbers of hamburgers and hot dogs, we wanted to give you some extra-special dessert ideas to wow your crowds.
Promotion in Motion knows a thing or two about sweets. As the manufacturer and marketer of some of America’s favorite candies, like Red Hots, Sun-Maid raisins, Welch’s fruit snacks, and Sour Jacks, they can sure lend us a hand in the dessert department.
Easy to prepare and assemble and also budget-friendly, these treats are just the cherry-on-top of your Fourth of July festivities!
SUN-MAID® OATMEAL-MILK CHOCOLATE RAISIN COOKIE
• 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
• 1 cup light brown sugar
• 2/3 cup granulated sugar
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 2 large eggs
• 2 teaspoons vanilla
• 2 cups flour
• 2 cups old fashioned oats
• 2 cups SUN-MAID® Milk Chocolate Raisins
• Heat oven to 350 degrees.
• With an electric mixer, beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, then beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour.
• Stir in oats and milk chocolate raisins.
• Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased or parchment lined baking sheets.
• Makes about 4 dozen.
Head to the next page for more recipes!