Santa is granting all of our Christmas wishes with this news: following the end-all, be-all guide to beer, the Oxford Companion to Beer, new reports say that the Oxford Companion to Spirits and Cocktails will also be coming out.
Eater reports that cocktail guru (and one of our Most Powerful People in Drink) David Wondrich will be editing the Oxford Companion to Spirits and Cocktails. Wondrich, who's had success with his earlier cocktail books, Imbibe! and Punch, and monthly columns in Esquire, seems like the only man for the job. (The Oxford Companion to Beer was edited by beer connoisseur and brewer, Garret Olivier from the Brooklyn Brewery.)
Only one slight problem, Santa: there's no release date just yet. Still, this is one book we'll have on our Christmas wish list for years to come. Meanwhile, you can get the scoop on cocktails and their origins from Wondrich here.
- Burger King Has Chicken Tenders for the First Time Ever
- What PDA Is OK Today — and What Isn’t
- Why You Should Never Sleep in on the Weekends
- The 25 Most Popular Halloween Candies in America
- 260-Layer Cake Breaks Guinness World Record