Festive Tablescaping From Sabrina Soto
As we’re just a week away from Christmas, we need to hone in on preparations for the big holiday. While we’ve already covered decorations, menus, and tons of gifts, let’s talk about setting the table.
With the holidays, it gets difficult to get really creative with the table because you’re often so busy in the kitchen. Well, we have the source that will inspire and guide you to creating festive and unique tablescapes for your holiday table.
In her first wintry tablescape, Soto talked about everything that glittered and sparkled — a scape that would play really well for New Year’s Eve or building off a simple white china collection.
Here are a few tips for the look:
• Build up various levels of height with different-sized centerpieces like these trees
• There is never too much glitter, especially when it’s creating a snow-inspired tablescape
• When it comes to metallics, gold and silver work perfectly together
• Create texture with various accessories like napkin rings and placemats
In her second tablescape, Soto brought out the whimsy with a ton of Technicolor brights:
• Holiday colors aren’t limited to red and green
• Create height buy wrapping boxes in wrapping paper, creating décor and more table space
• Cover shelving with the tablecloth so guests aren’t pushing and pulling to get to platters and dishes
• If you’re doing a buffet like this setting, lay it all out — stack plates high and put out a tray of glasses ready for pouring