Festive and Healthy Jicama Salad
This green salad is packed with colorful, crunchy veggies, making it an excellent complement to chili and other south of the border entrées.
- 1/2 Cup orange juice
- 1/4 Cup lime juice
- 1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 finely chopped seeded poblano pepper
- 3 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Salt, to taste
- 8 Cups bite-size pieces mixed lettuces, such as red leaf, green leaf, or butter lettuce
- 2 Cups thinly sliced jicama sticks
- 1 Cup thinly sliced carrot sticks
- 3 oranges, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into thin strips
Stir together orange juice and lime juice in a medium bowl, then whisk in oil until well blended. Add poblano peppers, cilantro, and salt. Set aside.
Put lettuces, jicama, carrots, oranges, and orange, red, and yellow bell peppers into a large bowl. Add vinaigrette and toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.