Fennel and Parmesan Salad Recipe
The other day, I found myself with some leftover fennel, so I decided to make a salad with some other things that I had on hand. All I can say is that this fennel and parmesan are quite the combination.
Click here to see more recipes from Cindy's Table.
- 1 fennel bulb, shaved paper thin with a mandoline or meat slicer
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon lemon zest
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 3/4 Teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1 Tablespoon chopped flat-leafed parsley
- 3 Tablespoons freshly shaved Parmesan cheese
In bowl, add the fennel and red onion and drizzle with the olive oil, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Toss well. Add the thyme leaves, parsley, and 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese.
Add the fennel salad to your serving bowl and top with remaining Parmesan cheese and any extra parsley.