*Substitute spelt flour for white, gluten-free or any other preferred flour, but be sure to look up the proper cup conversions if you decide to switch
- 2 Cups spelt flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 Teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 Teaspoons salt
- 1/3 Cup milk of choice
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup plus 1 tablespoon agave or maple syrup
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 2/3 Cup mashed banana, tightly packed
- 1/3 Cup berries of choice (or more banana)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine the dry ingredients and mix well. In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients and hand-mix them into the dry, being careful not to overmix. Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan and cook for 35-50 minutes, depending on your desired texture — the less you cook it the more "gooey" the bread will be.
After removing from the oven, let the loaf cool for ten minutes before slicing. After the first day, this bread is best stored in the fridge or cut into slices and frozen.