This is what happens when you give Elton John an oven manual: He looks at it for 10 seconds, sits down at a piano, and pounds out some melodies advising you to really read the manual to a "conventional oven thermostat" cover-to-cover. "It may seem like a chore/ but it will pay off in the long run," he sings.
Music starts 55 seconds in. It starts out rather solemn, wandering into minor-key territory, until Elton John surprises everyone with a happier direction around 1:50. So do you have a new toaster? A new fridge? Make it into a song, and you'll find the manual much easier to get through.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
- 50 Best Sports Bars in America
- America's Best Inexpensive Steakhouses
- 25 Ways to Help You Stop Eating Sugar
- This Is the World’s First Flat Wine Bottle
- Etiquette Mistakes You Need to Stop Making by Age 30