Made with avocado and edamame, this guacamole variation is both creamy and fresh. Serve with raw vegetables like celery, carrots, and radishes for dipping or alongside baked pita chips as a healthy snack or appetizer.
Back To Avocado 101!
- 1 Cup frozen, shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 small, ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped finely (optional)
- 1/3 bunch cilantro
- 1/4 white onion, chopped roughly
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Put the edamame, avocado, chipotle, cilantro, onion, and lime juice in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until almost smooth. Add enough water to make a creamy consistency and pulse again. Transfer the guacamole to a bowl, season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.