- 4 salmon fillets, skin and any bones discarded
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
Heat pan with some of the oil over medium heat.
While pan heats up, combine brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Brush each salmon fillet with 1/2 teaspoon of oil, then rub each piece of fish with 1/2 tablespoon of spice mixture.
Cook the salmon flesh side down, until charred, which will take 4 to 5 minutes.
Flip the salmon and cook another 8 minutes and serve.