- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 Cup chopped, unsalted nuts
- 1/8 Cup sunflower seeds
- 4 large apples, cored, bottoms left intact
- 1 Cup hot herbal tea
- 1 Tablespoon peanut oil
- Vanilla frozen yogurt, for serving
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a small bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Place the apples in a small baking dish. Add the hot tea to the baking dish. Bake until the apples are firm-tender, for about 40 minutes, basting halfway through.
Remove from the oven and baste again. Stuff each apple with the filling and drizzle the oil on top. Serve warm with vanilla frozen yogurt.