Dry Rubbed Barbecue Turkey Wings
If you are looking for a healthy alternative to those calorie-laden wings, try this healthy alternative for your Super Bowl party instead!
- 7 whole turkey wings (skin on; clip off wing tips and trim excess flaps of skin)
- 1 Cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 Teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 Teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 Teaspoons dehydrated onion flakes
- 2 Teaspoons dark chili powder
- 2 Tablespoons Weber’s barbecue sauce
Preheat oven to 375 F. Pat dry wings and pierce with fork on both sides. Mix spices together to create the rub. Rub wings liberally with spice rub, saving 1 tablespoon for later. Place wings on sheet tray and bake wrapped with foil for 30 minutes. Remove wings from oven and discard foil, flip over and cook for an additional 30 minutes. Sprinkle the rest of seasoning on wings and flip back over. Turn off oven and let wings sit in oven for 15 minutes then serve with a side of Weber’s barbecue sauce or other low-sodium barbecue sauce.