All you need for success at this beach party is some good weather to share with family and friends. And bring along some happy music, too!
See all clam recipes.
- 6 russet potatoes
- 1/4 -1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 medium-sized yellow onion, chopped
- 6 medium-sized cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Cup dry white wine
- 2 Cups clam juice
- 1 bunch basil, chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 2 leeks, sliced thinly
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 Teaspoon saffron threads
- 1 Teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Two 1 3/4-pound lobsters
- 1 Pound king-crab or snow-crab legs
- 1 -2 dozen littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 1 Pound mussels, scrubbed
- 8 Ounces large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 8 Ounces sea scallops
- 1 Pound cod fillets
- 2 lemons, sliced
- Garlic bread, for serving
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Bake the potatoes until tender, about 1 hour. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat and sauté the onion and garlic until golden brown. Add the wine and bring to a boil. Add the clam juice, basil, parsley, leeks, ginger, saffron, and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Add enough water — approximately 4 quarts — to cover the seafood when it's added. Bring to a boil. Drop in the lobsters and crab legs and boil for about 10 minutes.
Drop in the clams, mussels, shrimp, scallops, and cod. Cook for another 10 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and serve immediately, accompanied by the baked potatoes, sliced lemons, and garlic bread.