Since it opened in January 2009, Albion has far eclipsed our wildest expectations, winning awards and local support. The breakfast menu is eternally popular, whether with weekend shoppers or with the local creative community, who love to scoff everything from kippers to duck eggs on toast, or healthy organic yogurt with poached fruits and muesli.
- 3 1/2 Ounces all-purpose flour
- 1/3 Ounce English mustard powder
- 1/4 Ounce cayenne
- 1/4 Ounce paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 lambs’ kidneys, halved, trimmed of fat, and cleaned
- 1 Ounce butter
- 3/4 Ounces veal jus
- 1 -2 thick slices bread, toasted
- Small handful of parsley, chopped finely
Mix the flour, mustard powder, cayenne, and paprika together and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Dust the kidneys with the flour mix.
Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add the butter. When the butter has melted, add the kidneys and cook until golden brown on one side, then turn over to seal the other side. Add the veal jus and boil until it is reduced to a sauce consistency. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
To serve, place the kidneys on slices of toast, pour the sauce over and finish with a sprinkling of chopped parsley.