Del Taco Launches Chili Cheese Fry Burrito, Stoners Rejoice
Del Taco, the California-based Tex-Mex chain, has outdone themselves and released what’s sure to go down as a truly wild, if brilliant, fast-food offering: the chili cheese fry burrito.
The burrito wraps crinkle-cut french fries, beef chili, and grated Cheddar cheese in a warm flour tortilla, essentially throwing caution (and any trace of nutrition) to the wind. It’s a decided counterpunch to the recent spate of health-conscious additions to fast-food menus (like McDonald’s new wraps and egg white offerings), and is part of the chain’s "New Tastes" menu. The company is also undergoing a bit of an image makeover, with a new logo, renovated stores, new ad campaign, and a new dollar menu.
While it might appear as if this new creation should be loaded with fat and calories, it’s surprisingly semi-reasonable. It contains 420 calories (coincidence?), 19 grams of fat, and 840 milligrams of sodium. The MACHO Beef Burrito, by comparison, comes in a larger size and contains 960 calories, 43 grams of fat, and 2,390 milligrams of sodium.
- Dîner en Blanc Is the Largest, Most Extravagant Dinner Party You’ve Never Heard Of
- Meat Supplier Connected to Publix E.Coli Cases Issues Further Recall
- What Every Woman Over 50 Should Know About Her Health
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- McDonald's Is Serving Poutine in Chicago for a Limited Time