Cucumber Salad with Feta and Walnuts
This nutty, refreshing, and healthy cucumber salad recipe is spruced up with fresh cilantro and a pinch of cayenne. Feel free to play around with the nuts and herbs used in this dressing, substituting in pine nuts or almonds and herbs like basil or mint.
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper, stemmed, deseeded, and diced
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons rice wine, cider, or red wine vinegar
- 4 ounces crumbled feta
- ¼ cup chopped, toasted walnuts
- Pinch of cayenne (optional)
Combine the cucumber, bell pepper, and cilantro in a medium bowl; toss to combine. Add the sugar and vinegar and toss again. Let sit in the fridge for at least 1 hour, preferably 2.
When ready to eat, add the crumbled feta, walnuts, and cayenne, if using. Mix together and serve.