For years, I've prepared this filling egg casserole, which is delicious for brunch, in my slow cooker. It's an unusual recipe for this appliance but is welcomed wherever I serve it. Folks always go back for seconds.
— Janet Sliter, Kennewick, Washington
- 3 Cups cottage cheese
- 3 Cups frozen, chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup butter, melted
- 3 Tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- Additional shredded cheddar cheese, optional
In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour into a greased 3-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Stir.
Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 2-1/2 to 3 hours longer or until a thermometer reads 160 degrees. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.