Taste of Home
For years, I've prepared this filling egg casserole, which is delicious for brunch, in my slow cooker. It's an unusual recipe for this appliance but is welcomed wherever I serve it. Folks always go back for seconds.
— Janet Sliter, Kennewick, Washington
- 3 Cups cottage cheese
- 3 Cups frozen, chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup butter, melted
- 3 Tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- Additional shredded cheddar cheese, optional
In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour into a greased 3-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Stir.
Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 2-1/2 to 3 hours longer or until a thermometer reads 160 degrees. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.