Visit Build A Menu to see more recipes, read budget-friendly tips, and plan a menu.
- 4 Cups vegetable broth
- One 14-ounce package frozen broccoli
- 2 Cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3 Tablespoons sweet rice flour
- One 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Heat the vegetable broth in a very large saucepan. Add the frozen broccoli and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Add the rice flour to the cheese and mix well. Add the cheese mixture to the soup and stir constantly until the cheese is melted and the mixture starts to thicken. Add the evaporated milk and heat through. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.