- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 Cups chopped onion
- 1 Cup diced red bell pepper
- 28 Ounces can crushed tomatoes
- 16 Ounces can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 15.5 Ounces cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 Ounces can whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 Cup water
- 3 Teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 Teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon curry powder
- 1/3 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
Heat the oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat.
Add the garlic and cook until golden, about 1 minute. Raise the heat to medium-high, add the onion, and cook until softened, 5 minutes.
Add the bell pepper and cook until the vegetables are very tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
If the bottom of the pan begins to scorch, add a small amount of water.
Stir in the tomatoes, kidney beans, cannellini beans, corn, water, cumin, chili powder, curry powder, and cinnamon.
Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, 20 to 25 minutes.
Serve in individual bowls and top with optional toppings as desired.