- 1 1/2 Pound conch, shelled
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small bunch thyme, stemmed and chopped finely
- 1/2 Scotch bonnet pepper, chopped finely
- 1 small bunch mint, stemmed and chopped finely
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup breadcrumbs
- 1 Ounce baking powder
- Salt, to taste
- Oil, for frying
In a bowl, mix together the conch and all of the vegetables. Add the eggs and dry ingredients. Form into roughly 1 ½-inch balls.
Fill a deep pot about 1/3 full with oil and heat to 350 degrees. Line a plate with paper towels. Add the conch fritters in batches and deep-fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.