- 1/2 Cup butter, softened
- 1/2 Cup peanut butter
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Cup all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 Cup roasted, unsalted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 Cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Fleur de sel, to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder and add to peanut butter mixture, stirring to combine well. Stir in chopped peanuts and chocolate chips.
Drop generous spoonfuls of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Press each mound of dough with a fork to flatten slightly.
Bake until bottom of cookies are golden brown, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle immediately with fleur de sel to taste. Let cookies cool on sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.