Two of summer's most cooling and refreshing fruits, avocados and cucumbers, are blended together in this easy and delicious summer soup. A touch of honey and some buttermilk to balance it out gives this soup a sweet-tangy flavor profile that's just right.
- 4 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, and quartered
- 1 seedless cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 Cup buttermilk
- 3/4 Cups chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons honey, preferably Golden Blossom
- 1 Tablespoon fresh tarragon leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 scallions, chopped, for garnish
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped, for garnish
Place all of the ingredients except for the garnish in a blender. Process until puréed and smooth. If the soup is too thick, thin with more broth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Spoon into bowls, garnished with chopped scallions and tomatoes.