Chicken Salad Lettuce Cups
Chicken salad is usually a bit of a calorie bomb, but not this version. There's plenty of fresh produce in this version, and the sour cream and mayonnaise are slimmed-down versions, so you can indulge without the guilt.
- 3 four-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 Tablespoons lemon pepper
- 1/4 Cup plus two tablespoons water
- 3/4 Cups green seedless grapes, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 Cup diced celery
- 1/2 Cup diced cashews
- 1/2 Cup diced red onion
- 1/2 Cup nonfat sour cream
- 1/2 Cup nonfat mayonnaise
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro, basil, or dill (optional)
- 4-8 red leaf lettuce leaves
Season the chicken with the lemon pepper. Place in a sauté pan with the water over medium heat. Cover with a lid and poach until done, for about 15-20 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool for about 5 minutes. Chop into 1-inch cubes and place in a large mixing bowl.
Stir in the grapes, celery, cashews, red onion, sour cream, and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and stir in fresh herbs of your choice, if using.
Place 1 or 2 red leaf lettuce leaves in a serving bowl or on a plate. Place 1 cup of chicken salad along the center of the leaf. Gently fold around the chicken salad mixture and enjoy.