A family favorite and the perfect dish for an easy, fun, build-your-own Friday night dinner! This quick casserole can be assembled in a jiffy and emerges from the oven ready to layer. Let each diner add his own embellishments like yogurt, lettuce, fresh tomatoes, and cilantro — the possibilities are deliciously endless.
- 4 uncooked corn tortillas
- 4 Cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 Cup All-Bran wheat flakes
- 1 Cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 10 Ounces enchilada sauce
- 8 Ounces tomato sauce
- 2/3 Cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 Cups shredded lettuce
- 1/3 Cup sliced green onioins
- 1/2 Cup chopped tomato
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Place tortillas on baking sheet. Bake about 10 minutes or until crisp. Cool; break into small pieces. Set aside.
Stir together chicken, All-Bran cereal, cheese, enchilada sauce, and tomato sauce. Pour into 1 1/2-quart flat casserole dish. Bake for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from oven.
Place 1/2 cup chicken mixture on plate. Layer yogurt, lettuce, green onion, and tomato on top of chicken mixture. Sprinkle with tortilla pieces and serve right away.