- 6 Ounces Swiss, Gruyère, or American cheese, ideally reduced-fat
- 2 Teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 Cup apple cider or apple juice
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon honey mustard
- 1/4 Cup Sneaky Chef White Purée (cauliflower/zucchini)
- Whole-grain or sourdough bread cubes, broccoli, cauliflower, chunks of ham and/or apple, for dipping
In a mixing bowl, toss the grated cheese with the cornstarch. In a saucepan, heat the apple cider, vinegar, honey mustard, and White Purée over medium heat until it just starts to boil.* Immediately reduce heat to medium-low and stir in the cheese mixture, 1 handful at a time. Let each addition of cheese melt before adding more. Stir frequently. Serve hot with dipping items on skewers. This sauce thickens as it cools, so if there is a delay in serving it, simply put it back in the microwave for another 15 to 30 seconds.
*Quicker microwave method: Mix all ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover the bowl with a wet paper towel and microwave on high for 30 seconds at a time until fully melted.