This is a delicious fall pizza that's elevated by the use of woodsy chanterelle mushrooms and nutty Gruyère cheese.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil, plus more for pizza
- 1 Tablespoon garlic butter
- 3 leeks (white parts only), sliced thinly
- 10-12 chanterelle mushrooms, cleaned and cut into medium-sized pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Flour, for dusting
- 1 portion pizza dough, at room temperature
- 1 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 Cup shredded Gruyère cheese
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
In a large pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil and garlic butter until butter is melted. Add leeks and sauté until softened (but not browned), about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until they're softened, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
Using a rolling pin dusted with flour, roll out the pizza dough to desired shape. Place dough on a lightly oiled cookie sheet and drizzle liberally with olive oil. Top evenly with cheeses, leeks, and mushrooms.
Bake in oven until crust is golden and cheese is hot and bubbly, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven, cut into slices, and serve immediately.