- 1 head cauliflower, stemmed and broken into florets
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, cut into large pieces
- One 28-ounce can crushed whole tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup honey
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon curry powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 Cup shredded Gruyère cheese (optional)
Steam cauliflower florets until slightly underdone (they will cook more in the oven). Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8-by-8-inch baking dish.
In a large, deep pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook unti fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 7 minutes. Add tomatoes and stir to combine. Add honey, cinnamon, curry powder, and salt and pepper and stir to combine. Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
Add cauliflower to baking dish and top with tomato mixture. If using, top with cheese. Bake in oven for about 20 minutes. Remove and serve immediately.