Caramel Apple Bread Pudding
Bread pudding is a great way to use up leftover day-old bread. It’s also an easy go-to dessert for a busy weeknight that can bake while you’re having dinner. Go ahead, treat yourself to the caramel apple version.
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 cups cubed day-old bread
- ½ cup peeled and chopped apple
- Cooking spray, for greasing
- ½ cup fat-free whipped topping, for serving
- ½ cup fat-free caramel ice cream topping, for serving
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine the applesauce, milk, brown sugar, egg substitute, vanilla, and cinnamon. Fold in the bread cubes and apple; let stand for 15 minutes or until the bread is softened.
Pour into an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped topping and caramel topping. Refrigerate leftovers.