- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, plus more for the baking sheet
- 8 small to medium-sized potatoes
- 1 large bunch basil, stemmed
- 4 -5 ounces sun-dried or roasted tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 10 Ounces fresh mozzarella, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Pour enough sea salt onto a baking sheet to be able to hold the potatoes in place. Place the potatoes on the salt and bake until a fork pierces the center easily, about 20-25 minutes.
In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the basil, tomatoes, and mozzarella. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, mix thoroughly, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
When the potatoes are done, remove from the oven and cut an X into the top of each one. Squeeze the potato to open it up. Place a heaping tablespoon of the mozzarella, basil, and tomato mixture into each potato, drizzle each with a bit of the remaining olive oil, season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve hot.