- ½ medium cantaloupe, cut into chunks
- 2 canned chipotle chiles en adobo
- 1 medium white onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- Juice of 1 lime, preferably Mexican/key lime, if possible
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
Cut the skin off the cantaloupe, seed, and cut melon into coarse, 1-inch chunks.
Put the melon in a blender or processor with chipotles, onion, garlic, sugar, salt, and lime juice. Pulse to chop. Pulse in cilantro to a coarse grind texture (not a purée!).
Taste for salt. If you want a spicier salsa, hand-mince another chile, add it to the mixture and whirl again. Serve at room temperature.