Butternut Squash Pizza
Butternut squash is on everything these days, so why not pizza? Matching up butternut squash with pear and blue cheese is one of the best decisions of my life. OK, not really. But, it works and it's pretty good. Try it.
See all pizza recipes.
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- One 9-ounce ball frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 1/4 Pound fresh mozzarella, sliced thinly
- 1/2 ripe Bosc pear, cored and sliced thinly
- 1 Cup finely diced roasted butternut squash
- 1/4 Cup crumbled blue cheese
Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
Dust a work surface with flour and lightly flour the dough. Roll out to about a 8- to 9-inch circle and cover with the mozzarella. Arrange the pear slices in a circular pattern and scatter the squash on top. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and transfer the pizza to the baking sheet.
Place in the oven until the cheese is melted and the squash is starting to brown around the edges, about 17-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and scatter the blue cheese on top. Let cool slightly before serving.