Butterbean and Mint Purée Recipe
A creamy alternative to other bean dips like hummus and white bean dip from chef Michelle Weaver of Charleston Grill in Charleston, S.C. It can be served as an appetizer, when served with grilled flatbreads and crudités, or used to garnish a dinner party entrée like grilled lamb.
- 3 cups butter beans or baby limas, cooked
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/8 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/3 cup goat cheese
Place butter beans, garlic, zest, juice and olive oil in a food processor. Purée until smooth but slightly chunky. Season with salt and pepper. Fold in mint. Top with crumbled goat cheese and serve with warm flatbreads and crudités.