Burglars These Days: Helping Themselves to the Fridge and the Booze
In a case that sounds inspired by Goldilocks and the Three Bears, TMZ reports that Diddy allegedly found some rando sleeping in his bed at his Hamptons mansion.
A 30-year-old man had reportedly broken in through the basement, helped himself to a meal, some soda and booze, and then took a nap in Diddy's bed. The kicker? He told the NY Post that he's been "going to the house from time to time since 2001... I stay there a lot, but Sean gets funny sometimes about me staying there."
It seems trespassers these days not only make off with some money, but tend to help themselves to a snack (or a nap) while they're at it. Here's a quick roundup of burglars caught in the act because they were a little too hungry or sleepy to care.
• In today's weird news, a burglar was caught while lathering himself up in the shower, after treating himself to a nice meal and a bottle of champagne in a strangers' California house.
• Most recently, female students at Bangor University in the U.K. were awoken by a man saying, "Mmm, ham," in their kitchen. This gave them enough time to tackle the guy before anything worse than ham-stealing happened.
• In September, a man tried to rob a Chicago restaurant but was caught after heating up some food. The man poured himself a soda and put some chicken tenders and French fries in a microwave. He was caught while waiting for his food.
• Another burglar was caught in September after a woman came home to find him cooking bacon in her St. Louis home.
• And finally, two reports of burglars sleeping on the job occurred in December and January. One 19-year-old broke into an Illinois house and fell asleep on the couch. He later blamed his actions on some marshmallow vodka. And in January, a man broke into a New Jersey home only to get some shut-eye. Seriously, guys, you really didn't learn anything from Goldilocks?