Brown-Sugar Glazed Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows and Chocolate Shavings
Sweet potatoes are a must at any Thanksgiving table. Add in a few shavings of chocolate and you have an even more decadent meal for the holiday!
- 4 Pounds red-skinned sweet potatoes (yams), peeled, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2/3 Cups packed golden brown sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Chinese five spice powder
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon pepper
- 1 Ounce Max Brenner's Milk Chocolate Tablet chopped fine
- 2 Cups miniature marshmellows
- 1/2 Cup thin shavings from Max Brenner's Milk Chocolate Tablet
Combine potatoes, five spice, sugar, salt, pepper, butter and chocolate. Place in a greased baking dish. Bake potatoes at 375 degrees for 50 minutes.
Increase oven to 500 degrees.
Sprinkle potatoes with chocolate shavings and then mini marhshmallows.
Place potatoes back in the oven until marshmallows are puffy and golden brown.