- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 Cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup Sneaky Chef Purple Purée*
- 1/8 Cup plus one tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 Cup plus one tablespoon whole-grain flour
- 1/4 Cup oat bran
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- Nonstick cooking spray
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Spray only the bottom with the nonstick cooking spray, not the sides, of an 8-by-8-inch or 9-by-9-inch baking pan.
Melt the butter and chocolate chips together in a double boiler or metal bowl over simmering water (or in a microwave, checking every 15 seconds). Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool a bit. Meanwhile, in another bowl, stir together the eggs, vanilla, sugar, and Purple Purée. Combine this purple egg mixture with the cooled chocolate mixture.
In a mixing bowl, stir together the flours, cocoa powder, oats, and salt. Add this to the chocolate mixture and blend thoroughly; pour the entire mixture into the baking pan.
Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool completely in pan before cutting the brownies and use a plastic or butter knife. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired. Keeps for a week in the refrigerator, covered tightly.