Superfast and satisfying, this bean and rice wrap is one of our favorites. It’s also great for a make-your-own-burrito night with the kids. Just put all the ingredients in little bowls and let them get creative with toppings like chicken and rice.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/3 cup low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Four 10-inch whole-wheat wraps
- 1 1/3 cup cooked brown rice
- 8 ounces grilled chicken breast, sliced
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/2 avocado, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- Hot sauce, for serving (optional)
Place the salt, pepper, beans, chili powder, cumin, and crushed red pepper in a small bowl and toss to combine.
Place 1 wrap on a clean work surface. Spoon 1/3 cup of the rice onto the bottom of the wrap. Add 1/3 cup of the bean mixture, 2 ounces of the chicken, and ¼ cup of the carrot, then top with about 1 tablespoon of the avocado and 2 tablespoons of the tomato.
Seal the wrap, slice in ½, and serve immediately with hot sauce on the side, if desired.