If you like a versatile recipe, this is the one for you. Eggs are mixed with green chiles, hot pepper cheese and tomato salsa, then served in a corn tortilla. The flavorful and spicy dish is great for breakfast or dinner.
Recipe courtesy of Eggland's Best
- 1 Tablespoon Land O Lakes® Butter
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 10 6-inch corn tortillas, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium (1/2 cup) onion , chopped
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs (large), well beaten
- 1 (8-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 (3/4-ounce) slices hot pepper cheese
- 1 Cup fresh tomato salsa
Melt butter and oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Add tortilla pieces, onion, chiles and salt.
Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, 6-8 minutes or until tortillas start to turn golden brown.
Reduce heat to medium-low. Pour beaten eggs and corn over tortillas.
Cook, stirring occasionally, 1-2 minutes or until eggs are set.
Top with cheese slices. Remove from heat; cover.
Let stand 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Top with salsa.