- 1 Seeds & Grains bread, cubed
- 8 Tablespoons melted vegan buttery spread, plus more to grease muffin tins
- 2 Cups leeks, finely chopped
- 1 Cup celery, finely diced
- pinch nutmeg
- 2 Tablespoons ground golden flaxseeds
- 6 Tablespoons warm water
- 1 Cup vegetable stock
- salt & pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a muffin tin with buttery spread.
In a small bowl, make a flax egg by mixing the ground flaxseed and water and let sit for 10 minutes.
Melt buttery spread in a large skillet, add leeks and celery, and sauce over medium heat until softened but not coloured.
Toss bread cubes, veggies, herbs, and nutmeg in a large bowl. In a separate bow, mix the vegetable stock and the flax egg.
Pour the liquid mixture over the bread mixture and toss until the bread is well-coated. Fill the muffin tin with the mixture.
Bake for 25-30 minutes until browned and holding together. Rest for 5 minutes before gently transferring to a cooling rack.