- 1/3 Cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 Cup baby arugula, finely chopped
- 8 thick slices of hickory smoked bacon
- 1 whole loaf multigrain bread
- 2 to 3 Cups large slices or shreds cooked chicken breast and thigh meat (boneless, skinless)
- 8 small romaine lettuce leaves
- Pickled okra or dill pickles
Mix mayonnaise, pesto and arugula in a small bowl. (Refrigerate covered up to 2 days.) Use at room temperature.
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Cook the bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
Turn the slices occasionally, until cooked crisp and golden, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain on paper toweling. Keep warm.
Meanwhile, pop the bread into the oven to warm it briefly and crisp the crust, 5 to 10 minutes. Cool a few minutes, then cut eight ½-inch-thick slices.
Meanwhile, put the chicken on a plate, cover with wax paper and microwave on high (100 percent) until warmed, about 1 minute.
To assemble the sandwiches, spread one side of all the bread slices with the mayonnaise.
On 4 of the slices, layer the chicken, bacon and lettuce; top with a second bread piece.
Serve right away with pickles.