- 4 slices bacon
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Cups chopped celery
- 1 Cup chopped onion
- 1/2 Teaspoon McCormick Parsley Flakes
- 1/2 Teaspoon McCormick Rubbed Sage
- 1/2 Teaspoon McCormick Thyme Leaves
- 1/4 Teaspoon McCormick Ground Nutmeg
- 10 Cups cubed French bread, (1-inch cubes)
- 1 Cup Kitchen Basics All Natural Original Chicken Stock
- 1 container (12 ounces) shucked oysters, drained or 12 shucked oysters
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Cook bacon in large skillet on medium-high heat until crisp.
Remove bacon; crumble and set aside.
Reserve bacon drippings in skillet.
Melt butter in same large skillet with the bacon drippings on medium heat.
Add celery, onion and seasonings; cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes.
Mix bread cubes, onion mixture, crumbled bacon and stock in large bowl.
Add oysters; toss gently until well mixed.
Spoon into lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
Bake 40 minutes or until heated through and lightly browned.