- PAM® Baking Spray
- 1 pkg (15.25 oz each) Duncan Hines® Classic White Cake Mix
- 4 Ounces cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Teaspoons freshly grated orange peel (1 med orange = about 2 tsp)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 Cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 Cup orange marmalade
Preheat oven according to cake mix directions.
Spray two 9-inch round cake pans with baking spray.
Prepare and bake cake according to package directions.
Cool cakes in pans for 10 minutes, then transfer to wire racks.
Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
Combine cream cheese and butter in large mixing bowl; cream together until very smooth.
Add vanilla, orange peel, orange juice and sugar; blend until smooth.
Place one cake layer onto cake plate.
Spread with thin layer of cream cheese mixture.
Top with orange marmalade, spreading evenly to the edge of the cake.
Place second cake layer over first; frost cake with remaining cream cheese mixture.