- 1 Cup dry quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 6 to 8 small red and orange peppers, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 package mild taco seasoning
- 1/4 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Cups filtered water
- 1 Cup sweet corn, frozen
- Cilantro, chopped for garnish
- Avocado, option for garnish
- Shredded cheese, optional for garnish
Place quinoa, black beans, tomatoes, peppers and zucchino to the bottom of 4.5-quart slow cooker.
Add taco seasoning, garlic powder and water, and mix gently.
Cover and cook on low for six to eight hours.
With 30 minutes remaining, add corn.
Serve in bowls and garnish with cilantro, avocado and shredded cheese.