- 1/4 Cup maple syrup
- 1/4 Teaspoon McCormick® Apple Pie Spice
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 8 slices sharp Cheddar cheese , 1-ounce slices
- 1 medium Golden Delicious apple, cored and cut into 16 thin slices
- 4 slices cooked bacon, coarsely chopped
Mix maple syrup and apple pie spice.
Butter 1 side of each of the bread slices.
Layer 2 slices of cheese and 4 slices of apple on each of 4 bread slices with buttered side down.
Sprinkle with chopped bacon then drizzle with maple syrup mixture.
Top with remaining bread slices with buttered side up.
Place sandwiches in large skillet or griddle on medium-low heat.
Cook 3 to 4 minutes per side or until bread is browned and cheese is melted.
Cook in batches if necessary.