- 3 Tablespoons McCormick® Basil Leaves
- 3 Tablespoons McCormick® Oregano Leaves
- 2 Tablespoons McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon McCormick® Ground Pepper Black
- 1 boneless beef rib roast, (about 9 pounds)
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Mix first 4 ingredients in small bowl.
Trim excess fat from top of beef, leaving a layer of fat about 1/4-inch thick.
Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan.
Brush beef with oil.
Sprinkle with salt. Coat with seasoning mixture.
Roast, uncovered, until internal temperature reaches 130°F for medium-rare (3 to 3 1/2 hours) or 140°F for medium (3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours).
Cover with foil and let stand 15 minutes before carving.
The temperature of the meat will rise about 10°F during standing.
Serve with Creamy Horseradish Sauce and Brown Gravy, if desired.