- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Teaspoons dried basil
- 1 Teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1/2 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Pounds medium Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed, halved
- 2 quinces (12 ounces total) quartered, cored, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (can substitute Bosc pears)
- 1 large or 2 medium apples, such as Jonathan, quartered, cored, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 bag (10 ounces) frozen pearl onions
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
Heat oven to 375 degrees.
Have two large oiled baking sheets ready.
Mix salt, basil, thyme and pepper in a small bowl.
Put half of the Brussels sprouts, quince, apple and onions on each baking sheet.
Drizzle each sheet with 2 tablespoons of the oil, and toss to coat everything with oil.
Sprinkle half of the spice mixture over each sheet, and toss to coat the vegetables with the spices.
Bake, stirring once or twice, until Brussels sprouts are fork-tender and nicely golden, 35 to 45 minutes.