This recipe combines two brunch crowd favorites — potatoes and ham — into one incredible quiche. To make the dish really shine, shred your own cheese to ensure it melts properly.
This recipe is by JeanMarie Brownson and was originally published in the Chicago Tribune.
- 1 Cup (6 ounces) diced roasted small potatoes (leave skins on if desired)
- 1/4 Cup sliced roasted onion
- 1/2 Cup (about 3 ounces) diced smoked ham
- 1 Cup (3 ounces) shredded Gruyere, Swiss or Jarlsberg cheese
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh dill or green onions
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 Cup each: milk, half-and-half
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Generously butter a 9-inch glass or ceramic pie plate.
Put roasted potatoes, onion, ham and cheese in prepared pie plate. Sprinkle with dill and pepper. Whisk together eggs, milk and half-and-half in a small bowl.
Pour egg mixture over potato mixture. Bake in the center of the oven until puffed and golden, about 30 minutes — center will jiggle slightly. Cool on wire rack until barely warm. Serve warm.