- 2 medium overripe (brown and spotted) bananas
- 1/4 Cup orange juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 Cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 Cup avocado or melted coconut oil
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 Cup super fine almond flour, packed
- 1 Cup certified GF oat flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest (from 2 medium oranges)
- 1/3 Cup pistachios, chopped
- 3/4 Cups Montmorency dried tart cherries
Preheat oven to 350F.
Grease a loaf pan.
Place bananas, orange juice, eggs, maple syrup, oil, and vanilla in a blender and blend until smooth.
Whisk together almond flour, oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and orange zest in a large mixing bowl.
Add wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
Fold in tart cherries and pistachios.
Pour mixture into loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes, or until a knife comes out almost clean.
Cool completely before slicing.
Store cooled bread in an air-tight container on the counter for up to 5 days (or store in the refrigerator).